Thursday, April 06, 2006

NC - C + J = Home Sweet Home?

I'm back in the Garden State! Ok, to be honest, I've been home since Monday night, but you get the point...

I had a great time in Durham visiting Adam, checking out Duke University (just an all around beautiful campus), eating lots of Asian food, and basically reliving the experiences of college life (ie. staying in to read magazines, watch TV, make fun of people, and discuss just what the hell we think we should be doing with our lives). An interesting fact: thunderstorms in North Carolina sound like the human-destroying machines of Steven Spielberg's 'War of the Worlds'...simply terrifying!

I feel like I'm supposed to say "It was fun in North Carolina, but it's nice being home", but the truth is, it's kind of crappy being home. NJ is colder, has less fresh air, and is naturally the setting for my various unfortunate responsibilities, such as employment. And, OF COURSE I missed the heck out of my girlfriend, Andrea, and her family, my family, and my mail carrier. But, what I'd much rather do is take all of those people (with the exception of my mail carrier...she's so stubborn, she'd never move away) and bring them with me to some other place: North Carolina, Florida, California, Brazil, Pakistan, Alaska, Neptune, Middle-Earth...anywhere! Even though New Jersey was a great place growing up, it's so exciting traveling to new places and I definitely could see myself moving somewhere else in the country over the next 5 years or so.

Still, it's good to be home for a lot of other reasons: Tastykakes (actually, I don't eat these), Pork Roll (I DO eat this, but not in a while for some reason), high car insurance (this isn't good at all!), the beaches (still too cold), and the great city of Trenton (too dangerous to go near). Yep, great to live in New Jersey.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fletcher and I missed you so much!