Tuesday, April 25, 2006

UPDATE: Best Buy Binge

Remember how I was talking about going and buying Final Fantasy VII - Advent Children today at Best Buy for the low, low price of $14.99? Well guess what happened when I got there? THEY WERE SOLD OUT! Damn them! I should have known. Then, I figured I could just order it on BestBuy.com and have it shipped to the store. Well, conveniently enough, they are currently out of stock on the website, too. I don't have the patience for these shipping shenanigans (what a great alliteration)! I've been forced to get a rain check at Best Buy, to preserve the low, low price of $14.99, and they will "notify me by mail" when the next shipment arrives at the store. What is this, Kmart in 1992!?

The silver lining of this consumer cloud (alliteration #2) comes in the form of DVD television box sets. While scurrying around Best Buy in a purchasing panic (and alliteration #3...done, and done), I stumbled upon a display for American Dad - Season 1, which was also released today. Ironically, I just added this to my Amazon.com Wish List last night, but was not planning on buying it anytime soon. UNTIL, lo and behold, I gazed upon the tiny sign atop the DVD display: "Buy American Dad - Season 1 and INSTANTLY Save $15.00 on Any Season of Family Guy or The Simpson's!". To this I responded...SOLD! I have been on the brink of buying Family Guy - Volume 3 for months now, and this was the perfect fiscal-conscious excuse to do so. Therefore, instead of spending $32.99 for EACH box set, I got them BOTH for the low, low price of $39.99 (that's $24.99 for American Dad and $14.99 for Family Guy). Best Buy, I forgive you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

the title, best buy binge, is actually your first alliteration! <3

Mr. Cooper said...

The "American Dad" DVD set wasn't worth the additional $7.