Thursday, June 01, 2006

Where in the World is Cooper Sandiego?

After many delays and countless angry demands by Mr. Cooper, it is finally time to reveal what I expect him to bring back from Italy in celebration of my birthday on June 8th. I was planning on outlining a long laundry list of demands, including sending me a postcard, taking a picture with someone dressed as Mario, having a Greek person call me on a cell phone to tell me they are having a "Bunnnnnn-t Cake" (if you don't get this reference, go rent My Big Fat Greek Wedding), and so on, however I've realized that such demands are implicit and Mr. Cooper will know that I expect these to be fulfilled regardless of this blog post.

What he has yet to find out is my birthday demand...and it is a tough one. Considering he has already traveled to Florence, Venice, and Greece (where he will be leaving shortly), there is only one place left for him to acquire my present...Rome. That's right, the capital city, one of the largest, most historic cities in all of Italy. Plus, all roads lead to Rome, so that means I live down the street from Rome, which is pretty nice.

If my present is indeed coming from Rome, there is only one item I can expect Mr. Cooper to acquire...and that item is...

The Coliseum

That's right, The Coliseum of Rome. I have always been fascinated by images of this incredible structure, as well as intrigued by the events that took place within. It is my goal to someday stand in the presence of this amazing landmark, taking in the visuals for hours as the sun sets in the surrounding sky...simply amazing. Damn you, Mr. Cooper, for being able to do this right now!!!

On to my demands. Do I expect Mr. Cooper to construct a flying machine with enough power to hook onto the Coliseum, lift it into the air, and transport in to America...no, but if he does this I will forever be his servant. Do I expect Mr. Cooper to purchase a $1.00 souvenir of "Coliseum Dirt" that is most likely on sale at his departing airport...I don't think so. What I expect is for Mr. Cooper, in a Mission: Impossible-esque scheme, to break off a basketball-size piece of rock from the actual exterior structure of the Coliseum and bring it back to me in the USA. I'm assuming that this is both extremely illegal and very difficult to do, however, not only does he have a mastermind of coordination and dexterity, namely J. Philips, but come on...it's my birthday!

You have your assignment Mr. Cooper.

[This blog post will self destruct in five seconds...]

2 comments:

Mr. Cooper said...

Consider it done.

And thanks for stealing a blog post title I was considering using ...

CJ said...

Haha, that's so funny because when I was I was typing the title I actual thought "I bet Adam would want to use this title". It's a good one...