Wednesday, June 28, 2006

That's One Good Looking Trailer

No, I'm not talking about the childhood home of Britney Spears (thank you, thank you...I'll be here all week). I'm actually referring to some very exciting movie trailer news. Take a look...
  • I didn't think I could be any more excited to see Bryan Singer's Superman Returns this week...and then I found out (thanks to Mr. Cooper) that a teaser trailer for Spider-Man 3, being released in May 2007, would be playing before the movie...go ahead, take a moment to wipe the drool off your keyboard. As great as it will be seeing the trailer on the big screen, I know you won't be able to wait (like me), so check it out here at the official movie website (it actually has A LOT more movie footage than one usually sees in your typical teaser trailer...there's that drool again!).
  • Time for some good news/bad news regarding Snakes on a Plane. The good news: a new movie trailer is being released this week that will show even more snake-biting goodness. The bad news: I have yet to find it anywhere on the internet. I'll keep you posted...
By the way, I just thought of another hilarious Snakes on a Plane-spin off...after 30 minutes with Adobe Photoshop, I present to you...

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

i like it, i like it a lot!

Mr. Cooper said...

HAHAHAHA DID YOU ACTUALLY MAKE THIS?????? This is SO going on my blog. Wow. Just wow.

CJ said...

haha, yes I actually did make this...it's scary how skillful I'm becoming with Adobe in making things as wonderfully ridiculous as this poster.

Anonymous said...

The trailer for Spiderman 3, disappointing. Superman Returns, not a single complaint. Only praise for the great film that it is.

CJ said...

I didn't think the trailer was disappointing (which is pretty much the point of the post lol)...what didn't you like about it 'anonymous'?

Anonymous said...

Spiderman has always had two enemies to fight. one being his innerself (or outer depending on how you see it, this one being his primary villian in the second, secondary in the first), and the other some crazed lunatic looking for power. The trailer gives no hint at a crazed lunatic. I was watching for it too when I read your post saying that this trailer would be before the movie. I was excited to see it, but was let down.

Emotional challenges make good cinema, do not misunderstand me, but if the only villian in this movie is his alterego, this movie is no longer about a superhero. Superman Returns struck this balance perfectly and its teaser trailer last year hinted at it, this one leaves much to still be desired, at least in my opinion. I am sure though that the movie will be amazing. Anything with the local girl Kirsten Dunst is (Well maybe not Elizabethtown).

That's the beautiful thing about movies, one man's coffee is another man's whiskey.

CJ said...

You make a lot of good points, and I definitely agree that if the only "villain" in the movie is Spider-Man's alter ego (which I believe is called Venom when Spider-Man turns black) then I'd be pissed too. BUT, I think that there are more villains, and potentially MANY more.

If you check out the movie page for Spider-Man 3 at IMDB.com, it has the following:

-James Franco listed as 'Harry Osborn/Green Goblin' (of course, we already knew he'd take over for his father because of the end of Spider-Man 2, so he's another villain).

-Topher Grace (who was in the teaser trailer looking up saying "Parker...") listed as 'Eddie Brock/Venom' (I guess this is who Spider-Man gets the Venom "disease" from).

-And, the villain I am most excited for because I think he's an interesting actor is Thomas Hayden Church (who had a quick face shot in the teaser, and who the movie execs have been keeping pretty hush hush about) listed as 'Flint Marko/Sandman' (I've heard of the Sandman villain, but I really don't remember much about him from when I followed Spider-Man as a kid...there is a shot of a sand-faced creature coming out of the building in the teaser trailer, who I logically assume is Sandman).

...So there you go! Hopefully this will make you more excited, and like you said, the movie will most likely be pretty good anyway just like the others.

Anonymous said...

Touche. Maybe that is why they are called teasers. Just quick glimpses of what's in store. I knew about Harry but what if I hadn't seen Spiderman 2? I remember seeing the Sandman and wondering what it was. Anyway, the additional info is much appreciated. Thank you. By the way, good blog.

RC said...

yea, i was surprised at how much footage was in spider-man trailer.

as for the snakes poster...hillarious!

--RC of strangeculture.blogspot.com

CJ said...

Thanks, it's too bad the guy at 'Snakes on a Blog' doesn't post Photoshoped work, or else many more could enjoy the greatness that is 'Snakes on a Segway'.