Tuesday, June 13, 2006

This Week's DO's and DO NOT's

Here's a couple of daily DO's and DO NOT's for you dudes and dames reading this diverting, didactic blog...ya dig?

DO...

...watch Lewis Black's new HBO comedy special Lewis Black: Red, White, and Screwed; it's hilarious, just like his other specials and all of his Back in Black appearances on The Daily Show (and, if you remember, my girlfriend just got me the CD of his Carnegie Hall performance for my birthday, so you know I love him).

...be excited that I am now the proud owner of a Jeep Grand Cherokee, and I no longer have to drive a Chevrolet Cavalier with a broken air condition, a broken CD player, and an anti-lock brake system on the fritz.

...consider buying The Jurassic Park Adventure Pack, which costs only $19.99 and includes all three movies of the trilogy...of course, the quality (or should I say 'lack thereof') of the second and third movie make each of them about a $5 value, so it's like getting the original Jurassic Park for $10.00!

...prepare to reserve four or five Playstation 3 systems under various identities for the upcoming fall release date; the price is set at $500 for the base system and $600 for the upgraded system and, considering there is never, EVER enough systems for sale at release date (and, considering many people are not smart enough to reserve a guaranteed copy!), you can bet the going rate for these babies on eBay will easily reach upwards of $1000, making anyone selling them on eBay very happy.


DO NOT...

...watch the MTV Movie Awards that you TiVo-ed from last Thursday; I tried, I really tried to watch them, but after 60 seconds of horrible movie spoofs, a ditzy Jessica Alba, and childish humor, I just couldn't take it any more.

...count on the crazy lady at AAA to help you plan a trip to the west coast; I'm pretty sure that I would have received more helpful information by licking a map of the former Soviet Union for an hour or so.

...see The Break-Up; I really wanted a good movie, but it's just disappointing (I'll post one of my official funnybecauseit'strue movie reviews soon).

...expect Birkenstock clogs to fit your feet if you have freakishly flat and wide feet, such as I do; I don't want to be mean to myself, but if a caveman saw my feet, even HE would stop and say "Guuu, ooooowa guuu!"...I don't know what this means in English, but I'm assuming it's an insult.

1 comment:

Mr. Cooper said...

Saw part of the Lewis Black thing last night before I fell asleep. Funny stuff, specifically the entire part about how the Old Testament wasn't good enough for the Christians ... was it?