Saturday, June 10, 2006

Happy Birthday Barbara Bush, Joan Rivers, and Keenen Ivory Wayans !!!

So, Thursday was my birthday and I had a really great day thanks to my family and most importantly my amazing girlfriend...

We started the day with a trip to the gym: a little elliptical, a little weight lifting, a lot of stretching...the usual. After a quick shower, it was off to our FAVORITE place to eat lunch, Whole Foods Market in Princeton. The greenest salad, the freshest fruit, the best pastas, rolls, and drinks...it's simply the best. AND the building is solar powered, so I'm helping the environment while I eat!

Next, it was time to go for a blindfolded ride to a secret destination (actually, I refused to wear a blindfold in public, so I just closed my eyes and looked down at the seat). I had no clue where we were going, especially considering Andrea was making fake turns into various Wawa's to throw me off. Finally we arrived, and I when I opened my eyes we were at the gates of the famous sculpture park Grounds for Sculpture. Andrea and I had been wanting to go there for years, and this was THE PERFECT idea for my birthday. It was better than I could have ever imagined...I expecting it to be a small, open area of various sculptures...what it actually turned out to be was hundreds and hundreds of sculptures of so many diverse styles/eras/sizes all scattered throughout an immense, intricate park layout...I lost count of the amount of times either myself or Andrea was startled by a hidden statue amidst the trees or were amazed to find yet another new path of sculptures. At the end, Andrea and I found a private corner of the park where I could open up my birthday presents from her (my favorite part of the day, of course). She always gets me the best presents every year....this year, Scrubs Season 3, Lewis Black's Carnegie Hall Performance, and a VERY nice pair of Birkenstock clogs are just a few of my newfound treasures. It was so great that I want to go back soon with as many people as I can gather, so that they may share in the wonder that is this amazing, artistic display located around the corner from a place that is quite the opposite, namely the city of Trenton.

Finally, it was off to Bertucci's for a birthday dinner with 14 members of our families. Unfortunately, the great Bertucci's experience that I remember from a college dinner outing with Mr. Cooper was not duplicated...instead, we had a waitress that had no clue what she was doing (she actually never put anything down on the table...she insisted on putting everything directly into our hands...very strange) and food that was simply OK. Still, it was a fun night with my crazy nephew, Alex, being...well, crazy (and extremely cute)...and I got many more gifts, including some much needed birthday money from my family, the PS2 version of Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories, a Freestyle Shark watch from Andrea's parents, and some other great stuff.

Yep, it was a great day...and, so, another year gone. I think I'm supposed to feel old being 23, but I really don't. I feel younger than ever...I really wish I knew someone named Ever that was older than me so I could make a joke about how "I feel younger than Ever"...what a perfect set up. Unfortunately, I don't...instead, here's a funny picture I found on Google Images...

(I had to search for 'mariachi band' to get this...it was worth it)

No comments: