Wednesday, June 14, 2006

The Pen is Blue

Two quick thoughts...

#1 - I argue that Jim Carrey's best comedic performance is, without a doubt, Liar Liar (I say best comedic performance, because I think Carrey is also great in Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind and The Truman Show). I seem to watch this movie at least once a week on either TBS, USA, or one of the 600 HBO channels, and every time I watch it I laugh like it's the first time I've seen it. There is just something about the line "I will lovingly wrap your knick knacks in bubble paper!" that gets me every time. Agree?

#2 - I demand that all fax machines be destroyed. There is absolutely no reason to use fax machines when we have email, printers, scanners, networking, and live webcam technology. Hmmm, let's see...I can either download a file and print out a perfect copy of my own, OR I can receive a fax that may or may not arrive because a phone line is busy, and even when it does arrive the image will look as though it's been destroyed by a flock of pigeons. Using a fax machine in today's technologically-advanced society is as bad as...using a fax machine! (that's right...I'm going to start saying the phrase "...is like using a fax machine" to mock things that are very much out-of-date). Because I am so tolerant, I will set the deadline for said destruction at June 30th, 2006; this should allow enough time for all establishments still using fax machines to punch themselves in the face and catch up to the 90's.

1 comment:

Mr. Cooper said...

Too close to call on the Carrey performance -- he has so many good ones it's hard to choose, though my favorite line in "Liar, Liar" is definitely when Cary Elwes says "Thanks, Dad" to him and he goes "Thanks, son." That one always gets me.

Definitely right there with you on the fax machines though. Thanks for giving voice to a growing source of national shame and displeasure.