Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Time Is On My Side, Yes It Is

I haven't posted since last Thursday. Time to catch up...
  • I've officially quit poker for the next couple of months after losing more money this past weekend playing in Atlantic City...
  • Deal or No Deal is returning with $6 million as the highest prize, which is insane (and will make me glued to the television, once again)...
  • Vote for MTV Video Music Awards here (I demand you vote for Red Hot Chili Peppers in every category they're nominated in)...
  • Can we collectively ponder what the heck has happened to Eddie Murphy's career in acting!? Sure, he was never Marlon Brando, but if he does one more movie with talking animals, babies, or planetary exploration I will hurt someone...
  • Here are two exciting movie trailers I saw before Talladega Nights (which I will post a review for soon): first, The Prestige, a dark movie involving the rivalry between two magicians, by Christopher Nolan (of Memento and Batman Begins) and starring Hugh Jackman, Christian Bale, Michael Cane, and Scarlett Johansson...second, Man of the Year, a movie about a Jon Stewart-like talk show host who runs for President of the United States and wins, from the people behind Wag the Dog and starring Robin Williams...
  • Dave Chapelle is highly overrated...
  • So far, no job offers but let's all keep our fingers crossed...
  • I can't tell if the new NBC series Heroes will be interesting or just a lame attempt to capitalize on the paranormal/mystery-style of Lost (regardless, once the annual Entertainment Weekly Fall Television Preview issue comes out, I'll do a full post about what new and returning shows I'll be watching...while the real world passes me by, of course)...
  • Being a member of my high school reunion committee is both fun and depressing...
  • Yet another great quote from Bill Maher..."He would be for Dracula taking over the Red Cross if it was good for business!"[referring to President Bush's tendency to cater to business interests over the interests of the public, specifically citing the mostly forgotten disaster that was the Dubai Ports deal]...
...and there you have it! A week's worth of thoughts in one post. Life is good.

1 comment:

RC said...

i haven't seen the man of the year trailer yet...but heard of the film.

i'll be interesting to see how the public reacts to this film.

--RC of strangeculture.blogspot.com