Thursday, March 23, 2006

Welcome to the Fun

Here it is, my first blog post ever. Quite an achievement. I've finally decided to jump on the "blogging bandwagon", or "bb" for short (I just made that up, by the way....get used to it because I enjoy making things up) and it's quite exciting. Ok, my first apology, I will never use the term "bandwagon" again. What exactly is a bandwagon and from what era of human history was it ever cool to use? No more...

So, looking around the blog here you may see some interesting things. First, the title: "funny because it's true". I like it, do you? Quite honestly, I think it's funny...funny because it's true. Also, I plan to use this blog mostly to discuss the humorous stories of my day, so the title fits.

Next, the small title below the title...I call it the "smitle" (made up, once again). My smitle is "expect anything", yet another double entendre (what a crazy phrase, double entendre...say it five times fast and you end up sounding like Dustin Hoffman's character in Rain Man...good times). First, expect anything literally refers to how any and all topics are fair game: politics, movies, slipper etiquette, door knob installation, sports...well, not too much on sports because I really only get involved at the end of every sports season (go duke!). Secondly, expect anything has become a personal motto of mine, a way to justify the insanity that is the world around us (this will get a post of it's own soon, so stay tuned).

Finally, you may notice, as one young legal scholar Adam Cooper (who can be found at "bloggin with Mr. Cooper" right over there -------->) realized, that I am posting under the name CJ. There is good reason for this, I promise. These are the initials of my first and middle name, so technically this can be my name. Second, I have secretly dreamed that others would call me CJ because it just seems so much cooler than Chris. Think about this: if ever I was in a situation where it became necessary for someone to dramatically scream out my name, which just sounds better...."CHRIS!" or "CJ!" (go ahead, try it out...but I warn you, doing this may attract anyone near you with the name "Chris", "CJ", or "Seejay" if you hold the C and J sounds for a long time). See, doesn't CJ just sound cooler? Ok, well whether you agree or not, CJ is the blog name and that's that.

Ok, well, I'm happy with this first post, and I'd like to close by pointing out the importance of fact checking...

band·wag·on Audio pronunciation of "bandwagon" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (bndwgn)
n.
  1. An elaborately decorated wagon used to transport musicians in a parade.
  2. Informal. A cause or party that attracts increasing numbers of adherents: young voters climbing aboard the party's bandwagon.
  3. Informal. A current trend: “Even brand-name [drug] companies... have jumped on the generics bandwagon” (Beth Howard).
So, there you go. Now, tell Seejay to leave your room because you weren't calling him, and come back to my blog soon for more posting insanity.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

burf. i like your blog. burf.

Anonymous said...

wow !!!