Thursday, January 03, 2008

An Obama Victory In Iowa!


Simply inspiring. The entire night last night really was exciting, mostly because Barack Obama had such a great night in Iowa, but also because I've been waiting for this election season to actually get underway beyond an endless stream of pundit bloviation for what seems like an eternity.

So, how'd I do on the prediction front? Not too bad at all! On the Democratic side, I was perfect with Obama first, Edwards second, and Clinton third (and very surprised by just how much Obama pulled away from the other two, as well as disappointed Clinton wasn't further back from Edwards). And, as obviously asserted, no other Democratic candidate came close to getting anything above 1-2% of the vote (on a related note, so long to Joe Biden and Chris Dodd...hope to see you in an Obama administration). On the Republican side, I was certainly off with my prediction of Romney over Huckabee (and, it's amazing just how large Huckabee won over Romney). At least I was right on the McCain in third prediction (although, what the hell is Fred Thompson doing there with him!? Unlike McCain, he's the bad kind of old, namely an old geezer!). And, sure as I said, Ron Paul was right there with 10% of the vote nipping at the heels of the third place guys.

So, all told, not too bad with my predictions. Now...off to New Hampshire!

2 comments:

Mr. Cooper said...

It's inspiring me to move.

CJ said...

I'm assuming by 'move' you mean moving over to the victorious Obama camp. And to that I say welcome, better late than never!