Thursday, March 27, 2008

Top Of The Rink

Prior to my riveting Wednesday 'Campaigns and Elections' class, my fiance and I decided to take a trip up to Rockefeller Center and put in some quality ice skating time (the first such occasion for both of us at the famous rink in NYC). Needless to say, it was a total blast, some of the most fun I've had in a long while (minus the extreme foot pain that resulted from my irregularly wide feet being crammed into unnecessarily thin, plastic skates). I'm proud to say I never fell as a result of my own skating abilities...twice, however, I did take a fall as a result of sacrificing myself for the safety of ill-placed children within my skating path (hey insane parents, your kid is scared to death out there and you putting them in a helmet isn't making the situation any better). And, as if the day wasn't already a great success, we got to take a picture with an old man wearing wiper-equipped glasses, a large clock necklace, and a red, white, and blue-themed outfit...sorry Naked Cowboy, but this guy really knows how to bring the crazy.

No comments: