Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Grand Old Debate

Are you considering voting for a cross dressing, cousin marrying, twice divorced, temperamental former NYC mayor? Or, how about the commander of the 'Straight Talk Express', which seems to have jumped the tracks and crashed into Bullshit Mountain a few months ago? How about someone with less baggage...like a Mormon? Well, have I got good news for you!

It's the Republicans' turn! Watch MSNBC Thursday night at 8pm to see McCain v. Giuliani v. Romney v. Huckabee v. Six Other Republicans You've Never Heard Of.

It should be an interesting night, and I eagerly await the tight rope walk that will be each candidate confronting the situation in Iraq, a situation born out of the unchecked power of a particular reckless Republican leader (I'll give you a hint...his name starts with 'G' and ends with 'Dubya').

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So are you mocking someone simply for their religous beliefs? What if someone criticized a potential candidate if they were Muslim, which could happen one day in the future?

CJ said...

Hmmmm, don't think I mocked anyone for their religious beliefs.

What exactly is "mocking" about pointing out that a Mormon candidate will have a more difficult time winning a presidential election? Pointing out the added burden of a candidate that is anything other than a WASP (the overwhelming mold of American presidents) is not mocking a religion any more than pointing out that Hilary Clinton is a woman or Barack Obama is African American is mocking gender or race. These are political realities, my friend, and thus are an integral part of evaluating a candidates prospects for election.

Not to mention...lighten up!

Mr. Cooper said...

I just started watching -- I recorded it. My favorite line so far:

Rudy Giuliani: We have the greatest system of health care in the world.

What?!?

Anonymous said...

I was only posing the questions since it appeared youroriginal post had a sarcastic tone about it. Since it apparently didn't all is well. I guess that should have been my original question.

Mitt's only got up to go and with his first quarter fundraising and his impressive speaking skills, I think he'll surprise alot of people as this whole process plays out.

CJ said...

I definitely agree that Romney will be a force in the Republican primary, especially after tonight's debate. But I still think he might find some resistance as a Mormon candidate, but I'm not sure if it's any more or less than Hillary will find being a woman or Obama being African-American. This may end up being an election about candidates that break the mold.