Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Tournament Results

The Bad News: I lost the tournament, and instead of only paying a $100 buy-in (plus a $25 entry fee) I decided to pay an additional $100 for an add-on which would give me 4,000 more chips, spending a total of $225 on a tournament I ended up losing.

The Good News: Out of 140 players, I made it to the 7th round where less than 50 players remained, which is pretty good for my first live tournament. Eventually, I ended up winning $75 playing blackjack and $25 playing a regular table game of poker, so I made back the money I foolishly spent on that extra $100 add-on. Plus, my soon-to-be brother-in-law won over $600 playing poker.

*From now on, no more than one trip to Atlantic City per calendar month...unless, of course, Mr. Cooper is in town...then it's 'Atlantic City or Bust' (pun intended)!

No comments: