Wednesday, July 19, 2006

This Devil Looks Pretty Good

______________________________________________________________

Movie Title: The Devil Wears Prada.

Starring: Meryl Streep, Anne Hathaway, Emily Blunt, Stanley Tucci, Adrian Grenier.

Attended With
:
My beautiful fiance Andrea (our third date movie of the summer).

Funny Ticket Story: Because I am so obsessed with movies, I have been saving my ticket stubs from each summer movie I attend. Well, at the ticket counter this time there was a problem with the ticket printer and they just let us into the theater without any tickets. "Damn them!", I thought as I angrily walked into the theater with no souvenir to take home. But then, a miracle happened...as I walked to the food counter to purchase delicious snacks for Andrea and myself, I looked down at the counter and there, before my eyes, was an abandoned ticket stub for the same exact showing of 'Devil Wears Prada' that we were attending! Needless to say, I quickly scooped up the ticket, put it in my pocket, and happily hung it on my cork board upon returning home...that's destiny, my friends.

Movie Synopsis in One Sentence: .A young girl at the beginning of her career in journalism takes a job as an assistant to an extremely powerful and demanding head of a famous New York City fashion magazine.

The Good
:
Two words: 'Meryl Streep'. As always, the extremely talented Streep gives an amazing performance that is so focused, so sharp that you feel like you're watching a whole new side of her acting abilities. It also comes as no surprise that Stanley Tucci, playing the role of the effeminate male fashion designer, makes the movie all the more entertaining. Moreover, the story is fun, funny, and simple, which can be nice a relief to the high-intensity of the action-packed summer season.

The Bad: Mainly the ending, which is a little too cliche and neatly wrapped for my taste, but expected for a movie that is an adaptation of a pretty simple chick-lit novel. Also, I've never really seen any other movie with Anne Hathaway, but she's just OK in this movie.

The Verdict: With some good acting talent and a light story, this is the perfect movie to see with your significant other.

If You Liked______, You May Like These: Maid in Manhattan, Sex in the City (TV Series), Mean Girls.

FINAL GRADE: B+

2 comments:

Mr. Cooper said...

Perhaps the gayest blog post I've ever seen.

CJ said...

Discussing the day time emmy awards, printing the lyrics of a song from "You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown", snapshots of you embracing John Krasinski...nice to meet you Mr. Pot!

-Mr. Kettle