Sunday, July 22, 2007

Grossed Out By 'Chuck & Larry' $34 Million Gross

How does such a tired, dumb, borderline-homophobic movie with lowest-common-denominator appeal end up as the number one movie of the weekend box office? I guess it has something to do with pairing a shockingly popular fat man of crappy-TV-sitcom fame with a hasn't-really-been-funny-since-the-Billy-Madison-days comedic actor.

Note to Adam Sandler: I think I heard the first flush of the career toilet around Little Nicky, and it's pretty much been flushing ever since (Spanglish, The Longest Yard, Click, and this latest crapfest). There's a slim chance that I maybe, kind of, sort of could have forgiven all of this...and then I found out that Sandler is a card carrying "I just donated to Rudy Giuliani" Republican. Sorry Sandler, but I now pronounce you a total loss.

No comments: