Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Winter Wonderland

[UPDATE: I want to thank the weather powers that be for complying with my demand...it's currently snowing in NJ. For my next request, I ask you, weather gods, please make money fall from the sky in NJ. Thank you.]

Well, temperatures in NJ have finally dipped below freezing for a prolonged period of time. Thus, I declare today, January 17th, the "official" first day of winter.

Is it true that last night around midnight the temperature was 65 degrees in NJ? Yes indeed. Have I been wearing shorts to the gym for the past few weeks? You bet I have. Did I see a small squirrel scurry up an eerily blooming tree with a tear in its eye? No, but I imagine it's happining all across the Garden State. Regardless, it's winter now, so I demand some snowfall over the next few days as a sign of good faith. I think that's a fair demand, considering the day when a groundhog proclaims how early spring will come is only 17 days away...oh boy, winter might only last 17 days...I suggest you plan that snowboarding trip sooner rather than later.

No comments: