Thursday, February 26, 2009

Life Could Be A Dream

It's been announced by Universal Pictures that Gore Verbinski (of Pirates of the Caribbean fame) has been selected to direct a remake of the 1985 classic Clue, which in turn was based on the popular board game from Hasbro.

Annnnd, I'm officially psyched.

Assuming Verbinski updates the material with current references (goodbye communism and singing telegrams, hello terrorism and electronic communication), preserves the tone of the original movie (two parts mystery, one part scary, one part comedy), and selects a quality cast (how about bringing along Johnny Depp, or honoring Tim Curry by bringing him back in the fake Mr. Boddy role?), then I think we're in for a real treat.

Or he can butcher the whole thing. As always, I'll be remaining optimistic.

*If you recognize the significance between the title of this post and the movie Clue, then you, my friend, are a true fan.
.

3 comments:

Dan said...

unnunna ding dong a lang a lang a lang, ya boom ba dom, badubadubadey...

Anonymous said...

Daniel is Dan.

chris said...

Ahhh, very nice!

Related story...A few years back when I was cleaning out Andrea's parents' basement, I came across their old record player. While sifting through their record collection, I couldn't believe what I found...yes, you guessed it...a record of The Crew Cuts 'Sh-Boom (Life Could Be A Dream)'! I literally played the record on a loop for the remaining days of cleaning out their basement and, needless to say, it was amazing fun.