Monday, April 07, 2008

I'm 99.9% Sure I Just Saw Minnesota Senator Norm Coleman At NY-Penn Station

Before I caught the train coming home after my Monday night grad. school class, I saw someone that seemed oddly familiar standing in the main terminal of Penn Station. I knew it was a politician, someone I had seen on television at some point, and I was pretty sure it was a Republican, but I just couldn't come up with who it was exactly. Sure enough, as soon as I got home, it hit me...Minnesota Senator Norm Coleman, someone I've seen and read about many times in following Al Franken's current campaign for Coleman's senate seat. The reason I'm saying I'm only 99.9% sure is to allow myself the 0.1% chance that it was someone that just happened to really, really, really look like Norm Coleman, but the guy has a face like the Joker, so I'm pretty certain it was the real Norm Coleman.

UPDATE: Ah hah! It WAS Norm Coleman because I just saw him on television at today's Senate hearings (Coleman is on the Senate Foreign Relations Committee), and it's clear he was taking last night's Amtrak train from Penn Station to Washington. And thus ends my short stint as the Lieutenant Columbo to Norm Coleman's itinerary.

No comments: