Friday, May 15, 2009

Top Ten Most Anticipated Movies of the 2009 Summer Movie Season

Graduate school has finally come to an end, and summer is just around the corner. Thus, the time to return to the movie theater is upon us!

The 2009 summer movie season certainly has the potential to be an entertaining one, even given the release of such embarrassments as Dance Flick (a spoof of the movie Save the Last Dance...seriously) and Rob Zombie's H2 (a Halloween movie in August...seriously). Below I offer my personal picks for the top ten most anticipated movies of the 2009 summer season. It's quite an eclectic mix, encompassing many of the typical summer movie genres - science fiction, mystery, animated, documentary, action, romantic comedy, raunchy comedy, fantasy, drama, Tarantino Nazism. Well, maybe they're not all typical. To the list!

  1. Star Trek (May 8)
  2. Angels & Demons (May 15)
  3. Up (May 29)
  4. Food, Inc. (June 12)
  5. Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (June 24)
  6. Away We Go (June 25)
  7. Bruno (July 10)
  8. Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (July 15)
  9. Julie & Julia (August 7)
  10. Inglorious Basterds (August 21)
.

2 comments:

Mr. Cooper said...

Two complaints:

1) I got no credit for doing this first.

2) You can't anticipate a film that's already been released.

chris said...

1) Read the comment I just left on your post. An amazing coincidence.

2) I beg to differ. Since it's my personal top ten anticipated movies, if I haven't seen it yet then I'm still anticipating seeing it. I'll await your apology.