Wednesday, January 28, 2009

In Fairness, He Used To Play Football There


I've been meaning to post this news clip for quite some time now, regarding the neighborhood reaction to a closing Philadelphia library.

In truth, I love my public library...a lot. With a full selection of new and old books (print, audio, digital), DVDs (movies, television, digital), music, and video games (both last gen and next gen systems) - all free to borrow for weeks and months at a time - my town's public library is one of my favorite places to go. And when I say "full selection", I'm talking about full: they offer brand new media as soon as it hits the store shelves (such as the three new copies of Artie Lange's bestselling book Too Fat To Fish last fall, a half dozen new copies of the just-yesterday-released DVD of Vicky Cristina Barcelona, two new copies of the obscure Kings of Leon's Only by the Night CD last fall, and new copies of just about every single Wii game released for the system). All this without mentioning the fully electronic library system that allows you to self-scan at the library and reserve/renew online at home. Again, I love my public library a lot.

All that being said...the guy in this video is insane. Hilarious, and spectacularly insane.
.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

which is funnier? this or "it's still real to me, damn it!"?

chris said...

Hmmm, THAT is a tough one.

While both men need to "take it easy, man", I would have to say that there is an expected level of crazy for a professional wrestling event, whereas a library closing is not really expected to involve so much amusing craziness.

And, thus, the library crying man takes the title!