Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Oh, The Horror, Entertainment Weekly!

Taking a page from the Cooper Playbook, I think it's about time I declare Entertainment Weekly, a once reliable information source for all segments of the entertainment industry...dead to me. That's right, EW, you've burned me for the last time. I didn't mind when you added some cheesy sections to the magazine ('Obsessive Fan of the Week'...yikes). I can handle a useless list of the 'Top 50 Movies Featuring a Dog' every now and then. I can even stomach an unimaginably horrible Scott Brown writing the once humorous 'Hit List' each week. But I'm not about to stand by while you morph my once-respected magazine into some 99 cent supermarket tabloid!

There, I finally said it. Fortunately, I only have about a few hundred issues or so left on my subscription so I won't have to deal with this nonsense for much longer. After 2011, it's bye bye Entertainment Weekly for me......unless, of course, they offer another 66% discount off the newsstand price. Come on, that just makes economic sense!

No comments: