Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Top Five Birthday Gifts of 2007

5. Four Pairs of Gap Boxer Shorts......Although quite embarrassing opening in front of your fiance's entire family, there's nothing quite as refreshing (quite literally) as a few new pairs of boxers. [given by my fiance's mother]

4. $45 of AMC Theater Gift Cards......These will graciously be used up by mid-July. [given by my siblings]

3. Al Gore's The Assault on Reason......This would have been the first thing I purchased with the $20 Barnes and Noble gift card I received from my fiance's sister; now, I think I'll purchase approximately eight Starbucks Frappuccinos instead. [also given by my fiance's mother]

2. From the Earth to the Moon DVD Box Set......I've only desperately wanted this box set since I watched all twelve hours of the series over the course of two back-to-back nights about 9 years ago in the summer of '98. [given by Mr. Cooper in a wonderfully executed early birthday offering]

1. Sirius Satellite Radio w/ One Year Subscription......Considering how I'm practically in tears every time I drive in my fiance's Sirius-equipped '07 Jetta and get to listen to the incredible array of songs being played (none of which include the phrase "Don't cha wish your girlfriend was hot like me"), not to mention the endless hours of Howard Stern, I think it's pretty safe to say that this gift is the ultimate birthday present of 2007! [given by my amazing fiance]

No comments: